Our Vision: Pennsylvania will provide an equitable, exceptional public education that empowers all learners to achieve a meaningful, productive life in our democratic society.
Our Core Beliefs For Public Education in Pennsylvania
— We . . .
- Promote collaboration and cooperation at all levels of education and among policymakers and stakeholders.
- Recognize that learning occurs everywhere and learners progress by facing varying experiences and challenges, preparing them for their role as engaged, informed and effective citizens.
- Embrace innovation in all areas of education.
- Advocate for student learning environments that are physically and emotionally safe places where diversity of thought and respectful and vigorous debate of different perspectives is respected and encouraged.
- Advocate for all public schools to have facilities that are safe, secure, flexible, sustainable and reflect current and future learning needs.
- Strive for accountable leadership within schools, families and communities.
- Advocate for maintaining local governance and decision-making in public education.
The Commonwealth Education Blueprint project is a statewide vision for the future of public education in Pennsylvania. The Blueprint is a collaborative effort of organizations and individuals that represent the many faces of public education.
PSBA is pleased to announce the release of the final Blueprint report focused on carrying out the work of Phase I.
The report includes identified obstacles school entities face in reaching the vision, as well as offers specific recommendations for school entities, legislators, and others to work together toward the vision of providing an equitable, exceptional public education.
Click here to read the Phase I report, released in October 2018.
Catch up on the latest
Tune in to Keystone Education Radio podcast for an update on Phase II development featured in the July 9 episode. Listen on Spotify or your favorite podcast app. Or tune in on: